The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video
…meaning if you’re trying to sell a product or service, rx incorporating video just might drive that sale.
What is it about video that makes it so successful in increasing product awareness and, cost ultimately, sales?
- 52% of consumers say watching a product video makes them more confident in purchase decisions. Getting the chance to witness the product “in action” and see how it works and what it can do for you allows the consumer to not simply know of the product, but understand it. Understanding its benefits is what will lead the consumer from considering a purchase to ringing up a sale.
- Beyond acting as an intro to what your company sells, video can also introduce who your company is. Giving consumers the chance to put a face to a name and get a closer look at the people behind the product builds a genuine relationship between consumer and brand – making them more willing to invest their money in you.
- Having a video which showcases how a product works shows to the audience that your product, well, works. Plain and simple.
- More than 3 out of 5 consumers will spend at least 2 minutes watching a video that educates them about a product that they plan to purchase. Nobody wants to put time into wordy, confusing instruction manuals. Video is the easiest way to learn, allowing visual demonstration to accompany any and all explanations. Not only that, but people want to learn. You can find a tutorial for anything and everything on YouTube, and brands are starting to tap into this trend more and more and provide quick video “How-To’s”.
Easy to re-watch & share
- Re-watching a 2-minute video is a lot more appealing than re-reading an entire manual or product explanation. Sharing is also made easier with video, allowing users the chance to circulate it to others within seconds – and people are eager to share. 88% of people claim forwarding or sharing after watching a video.
Regardless of whether you’re using video to showcase a product, service or your company in general, video allows the consumer to feel connected to and confident in your brand – making them that much more likely to invest in that sale.Tags: company video, online video, product video, sales, video